Statement of Faith
- We believe the Holy Bible to be the divinely inspired, inerrant and final authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe man is by nature a sinner from birth, separate from God, and eternally lost until salvation.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ. That He was virgin-born, sinless, died on the cross, atoned for the sins of the world, was physically raised from the dead on the third day, which insures the resurrection of all believers who have personally received Him, and He is coming again.
- We believe salvation is a free gift, bestowed by God’s grace, and received by faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe the church is the bride of Christ and the body of Christ.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all who believe in Jesus Christ and that believers are called to be in the world but separate from it.
- We believe the purpose of the church on earth is to fulfill the last command of Jesus, which is to make disciples of all men.
- We believe Christians are endowed with spiritual gifts which enable them to minister in the church.
- We believe the Holy Spirit, whom every believer receives at conversion, leads and guides us.
- We believe God created people male and female, and provided for the marriage relationship in which two may become one. (Genesis 2:24) A publicly declared, legally binding marriage between one woman and one man is the one appropriate place for sexual relations. Heterosexual marriage, faithfulness within marriage, abstinence outside of marriage—these constitute the Biblical mandate and the Christian standard. (Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 6:18-20)
In order to further equip parents, who are ultimately accountable for the instruction and training of their children, the mission of Legacy Homeschool Center is to establish a Christian homeschool cooperative that would endeavor:
For parents: To provide academic instruction, which would enhance their effort as they fully accept the biblical responsibility to “train up a child in the way he should go.” (Proverbs 22:6)
For children: To provide excellent academic instruction from a Biblical Christian worldview. To inspire a love for learning. To equip them to think clearly, concisely, and critically with character reflecting that of our Lord, Jesus Christ. (Psalm 119:66)